I have recently discovered this amazing blog post, entitled How many hours a day should you practise? by ‘The Bulletproof Musician’ which encapsulates everything that I think it important to appreciate about how to practise effectively. Particularly good sections entitled Mindless and Deliberate practice. More eloquently put than I could ever manage, and a must read for any student, parent or teacher.
- Can’t wait to sing!
- Balancing the triangle
- Upgrade vs the perils of cognitive strain
- Improving musical literacy
- The thinking practiser: who is in control here?
- Play with
- Practice: New tools
- International Piano Recital Series 2018
- Effort counts twice
- Ode to a melody
- Lovely Day
- Don’t talk bananas
- When reading isn’t enough – developing inner hearing
- Gentle encouragement
- An inspirational week of singing
- Finding courage
- Singing with the homeless
- Singing update: we’re making progress