I have recently discovered this amazing blog post, entitled How many hours a day should you practise? by ‘The Bulletproof Musician’ which encapsulates everything that I think it important to appreciate about how to practise effectively. Particularly good sections entitled Mindless and Deliberate practice. More eloquently put than I could ever manage, and a must read for any student, parent or teacher.
- Ode to a melody
- Lovely Day
- Don’t talk bananas
- When reading isn’t enough – developing inner hearing
- Gentle encouragement
- An inspirational week of singing
- Finding courage
- Singing with the homeless
- Singing update: we’re making progress
- Cambiata – the changing voice
- Concert Posters
- How we learn
- Genesis choir
- What does the word ‘dynamics’ mean?
- We have an audition … for Gareth!
- You raise me up
- Top trumps
- Band Night
- Dido & Aeneas