One of the major struggles in learning a musical instrument is the whole business of practice. Personally, I love practising, but there is no avoiding the fact that a lot of children really don’t. So whilst I don’t claim to have all the answers, looking at some of the issues surrounding practice might give a few insights into how it might be turned into a fulfilling and enjoyable enterprise.
- Play with
- Practice: New tools
- International Piano Recital Series 2018
- Effort counts twice
- Ode to a melody
- Lovely Day
- Don’t talk bananas
- When reading isn’t enough – developing inner hearing
- Gentle encouragement
- An inspirational week of singing
- Finding courage
- Singing with the homeless
- Singing update: we’re making progress
- Cambiata – the changing voice
- Concert Posters
- How we learn
- Genesis choir
- What does the word ‘dynamics’ mean?
- We have an audition … for Gareth!