Welcome to the new blog site for the Music Department of Monkton Combe School. This is completely new territory for me, but hopefully once things are underway this might give a few insights into the daily musical life of our school!
- Can’t wait to sing!
- Balancing the triangle
- Upgrade vs the perils of cognitive strain
- Improving musical literacy
- The thinking practiser: who is in control here?
- Play with
- Practice: New tools
- International Piano Recital Series 2018
- Effort counts twice
- Ode to a melody
- Lovely Day
- Don’t talk bananas
- When reading isn’t enough – developing inner hearing
- Gentle encouragement
- An inspirational week of singing
- Finding courage
- Singing with the homeless
- Singing update: we’re making progress